No products in the cart.

nutravhealth@gmail.com | p.visen@alumni.utoronto.ca

Call +1 (416) - 751 4798


No products in the cart.

HomeHeartCholesterol4 Most Important High Cholesterol Foods To Avoid

4 Most Important High Cholesterol Foods To Avoid

High cholesterol foods to avoid: Cholesterol is a waxy substance found in your body and in animal products such as meat, eggs, and dairy. It plays important roles in the production of hormones, vitamin D, and the bile necessary for digesting fats. It’s also an essential component of every cell in our body, giving cell membranes strength and flexibility. Cholesterol comes from two sources.

First is the liver which makes the majority of the cholesterol (80%) we need. The remainder of the cholesterol (20%) comes from animal foods like meat, poultry and dairy products. These are called dietary cholesterol. These animal foods are rich in saturated and trans fat which causes our liver to make more cholesterol than the body needs. This added production raises the cholesterol level which increases the risk of suffering coronary heart disease, stroke, and heart attack.

Also Read: Gluten-Free 7 Healthy Foods to Reduce High Cholesterol

4 High Cholesterol Foods to Avoid

While certain cholesterol-rich foods are highly nutritious and beneficial to our health, others can be harmful. Here are 4 high cholesterol foods that are best to limit or avoid.

  1. Fried foods

Fried foods, such as deep-fried meats, cheese sticks and wings, mozzarella sticks, and onion rings are high in cholesterol and worth avoiding whenever possible. They are high in calories and may contain trans fats, which can increase heart disease risk and be detrimental to our health in many other ways. Plus, a high intake of fried foods has been linked to an increased risk of heart disease, obesity, and diabetes.

  1. Fast food

Fast food intake is a major risk factor for numerous chronic conditions, including heart disease, diabetes, and obesity. Those who frequently eat fast food tend to have higher cholesterol, more belly fat, higher levels of inflammation, and impaired blood sugar regulation. Eating fewer processed foods and cooking more meals at home is associated with lower body weight, less body fat, and reductions in heart disease risk factors such as high LDL (bad) cholesterol.

  1. Processed and red meats

Processed meats, such as sausages, bacon, and hot dogs, are high-cholesterol foods that one should limit in their diet. High intake of these foods is linked to increased rates of heart disease and certain cancers, such as colon cancer. Evidence showed an additional 2-ounce (50-gram) serving of processed meat per day with a 42% higher risk of heart disease. Red meats are generally high in saturated fat. Fatty cuts of meat are the highest in fat. Better yet, replace meat with proteins that are lower in saturated fat and cholesterol, like skinless chicken or turkey breast, fish, and beans.

  1.  Desserts

Cookies, cakes, ice cream, pastries, and other sweets tend to be high in cholesterol, as well as added sugars, unhealthy fats, and calories. Frequently consuming these foods may negatively affect health and lead to weight gain over time. Research has linked added sugar intake to obesity, diabetes, heart disease, mental decline, and certain cancers.  These foods are often devoid of the nutrients your body needs to thrive, such as vitamins, minerals, protein, and healthy fats. 

But one does not have to give up the above foods entirely, just eat them only occasionally and make a few substitutions. Limit to the related recommendations.

Buy Livgard Forte Rx


latest articles

Buy LoChol Forte Rx


Explore more


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
Captcha verification failed!
CAPTCHA user score failed. Please contact us!